Monday 2 May 2011

Source Code, Fast Five and Thor

This blog really has hardly any artwork on it at all. *hangs head*

But, just some thoughts on the few movies I've watched in the month of April. Spoilers may litter around.

Source Code -
Fairly entertaining if you like the whole sci-fi, time-hop-slash-alternate universe thing. (Which I do, really) Though I suppose some people would probably be bored in their seats after watching practically the same scene over and over when it resets. Overall, it was a good movie, not a must watch or die movie for me, but a movie that was good none the less. Of course, my brother and I disagreed on a little thing at the end which was, there were two Colter Stevens mind psyche brainwaves in one reality. After all, I argued since Stevens was supposed to be inhabiting that body when he got unplugged, (and to me, looks like he's stuck in that poor man's body) that he's essentially Colter Stevens brainwave possessed. Coupled with the fact there's that particular reality's Colter Stevens still in cold sleep, I'd say you have two of em in one universe. My bro disagreed though.

Fast Five -
What can I say, I loved it. Every unrealistic, speed heisting, unbelievable bit. Honestly, I wasn't so interested in the first Fast and Furious. But Fast Furious 4 and Fast Furious 5 totally hits my interest zone. I will now anxiously await Fast and Furious 6 which is supposed to be in the works, and hopefully- Vin Diesel will be reprising Dom Toretto. (Because honestly, it looks like number 6 might involve the mystery around Letty's mysterious revival and c'mon... Dom and the police chick? Bleh... Sorry, can we go back to the original pairing guys?)

Thor -
Another movie that was okay for me, didn't leave me screaming for more, but it was entertaining. Especially when Chris Hemsworth as Thor kicks butt. (I'll admit, I totally love his accent in Thor and he's easy on the eyes. Tall and muscles that aren't over the top. What girl can argue with that?) Now, some points on why I only felt it was an okay movie. For one, I felt it was a little rushed with the whole story trying to tell and fit more that was allowed within the time of the movie. But hey, I'm not surprised when they're trying to show a whole origins story for the coming Avengers movie. Another thing was, I felt the antagonist of the whole movie was kind of screwed up in the fact I couldn't really tell what goal he was doing everything for til he shouts it out in the end. In my opinion, bad story telling as I didn't really get the foreshadowing of why he was doing anything that he did. But, an argument in his favour... daddy-issues. The man had serious daddy-issues.

Okay, well that's it for my blog entry for the year I guess if I keep with the 2 entries per-year. Lol. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment